Sunday, July 16, 2006

Blog Shop

Woohoo. This is great! Kenny just offered to help me come up with a blog skin. Hahaha. Okay, I am too lazy to come up with the blogskin and I also dont know how to go about doing it (wanted to learn but no time lar). I'm anticipating the skin!!

I actually set up this blog in hope that when i manage to get the knowledge of e-commerce, maybe I can actually develop it into a blog shop... But I'm currently very very ill-prepared to venture on. I wont know how to charge when a person wish to purchase the tshirts, what type of payments ( I need help with online payment), how to go about printing, where to get good quality plain tshirts ( I need recommendations!), what paints to use, blah, blah, blah.. I've been thinking, but just dont really get the answers as yet.

Went on a roadtrip to hunt for printers last month with a camp mate, Edwin. Only managed to catch one that was opened (wasted my block leave day travelling to closed shops). Managed to get to chat with the shop manger who seemed experienced and friendly enough to tell me not to jump too quickly into this passion as he had seen quite a number of companies not lasting as long as expected. In fact when I wanted to set up the shop selling my tees, I've never thought of it been a long term project. I was thinking of getting some quick money during army. Others get to teach so many tuitees at one time and I'm waiting here like some sucker for the army to give me my allowance monthly. He kept asking about where I'll be situating my shop (never thought of setting physical shop, just some blog shop or a stall in flea market), what age-group/ people my designs are catered to(er.. teens my age?) and what are the designs like (Vector art? Silhouettes? Have been coming up with other ideas nowadays. So exciting. Hahaha..) Well, up till now, I haven't reply that manager regarding the printing. Just simply because I haven't come up with good designs yet.

Anyway have to thank Edwin for accompanying me around and been such a great help. Was at a total loss when the manager starts talking about the budget portion. Fyi, I cant do my simple money math.

Jing Wei made good comments on coming up with collections instead.. Hahaha. Am trying. Hopefully the designs will be out soon.

Had the above picture painted on a black tshirt, white graphics, red bandana. But think it did not stand out as expected. Upload it some other time. Also damaged one of my elder Sis's V-neck tee after the paint started to cracked, just after one wash. (Told you I havent experimented with paints yet. :P But it works totally well with my own tee!) I forbidded her to wear it out again though she did mentioned it looked kinda vintage-washed. Wahahaha, thanks for the effort. -__-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home